Happy St. Patrick’s Day. Here’s a round up of some of the best coverage and related material.
- Celebrations around the world, from The Irish Times.
- A geography of the Irish in America, from the Washington Post.
- The politics of St. Patrick’s Day, from Salon.
- St. Patrick: Man or myth, from The Irish Story.
- Founding of the IRB, March 17, 1858, from Fenians.org.
- In praise of Catholic schools, from The Wall Street Journal.
- On election day in Israel, “Why the Irish Support Palestine,” from Foreign Policy (2010).
BONUS: While many drank the night away, Angie Drobnic Holan and I read to each other some of our favorite Irish poems, which can seen from the link on her name.